What is the purpose of the Church?
The purpose of the Church is to Evangelize the world, in Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus commanded His disciples to go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit; (20) “teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
We must be mindful of the fact that the church is not the physical structure that we gather to worship, but the church is those that assemble together in the designated place of worship. The Church (Believers) has been commissioned to Evangelize, which is to spread the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Church is to ascribe to the truth of God’s Word. Jesus prayed to the Father on our behalf, “sanctify them by your truth. Your Word is truth.” John 17:17
The Church is our spiritual hospital; Jesus came to this world to save us from our sins. He shared with His disciples in Luke 5:31, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Metroplex, Scott & White, and Hillcrest is here for our physical health, but the Church is here for our spiritual health.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, through which we obtain righteous instruction for daily living
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, God the Father, Jesus Christ the son of God and The Holy Spirit
- We Believe That God made Christ to be the head of the Church and have placed all things under His feet
- We believe in the finished redemptive work of the cross
- We believe that all scripture is profitable for our lives today
- We believe in the observance of water baptism by submergence
- We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as outlined in the Holy Scriptures
- We believe in the institution of marriage, and believe it to be between one man and one woman
- We believe in the principle of the tithe and the giving of offerings, as outlined in the Holy Scriptures
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man's works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We are the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus, an heir of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. We are the body of Christ, fitly joined together for a common cause, and that is to advance the kingdom of God.
- We are the head and not the tail, above only and not beneath. We are healed, healthy, whole and complete in all the will of God.
- We are 100 percent tithe givers. We bring all the tithes into the storehouse; therefore, our barns are overflowing. We have more than enough to meet all of our needs and enough to be a blessing to others. We pursue Jesus with a pure heart and seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all things are added unto us.
- We walk by faith and not by sight, and we have an unwavering faith in the Father’s love. We are persuaded that nothing can separate us from the love of God. We are the apple of His eye and we walk in His divine favor.
- His goodness and mercy follows us all the days of our lives, and we shall dwell in His house forever, in Jesus’ name. Amen!